When you begin any ProBoat E-Training course, you will have access to a 24/7 HelpDesk as well as course-specific information for a successful online learning experience.
Meanwhile, we may be able to answer a few of your questions in advance:
- What are the requirements for me to take one of your courses?
- Unless specifically stated in the course description, you do not need to meet any prerequisites, other than an interest in learning.
- How much do the courses cost?
- Courses run from $175 to $390 each. See our section on Courses, Fees, and CEUs for more information.
- Can I get a refund?
- Yes. If you contact us within the first two weeks, we will give you a full refund and unenroll you from the class. We do not offer partial refunds.
- How long are your courses?
- Courses may run anywhere from two to six weeks.
- What is the format of these courses?
- Each course is a combination of materials that you may download and read, homework assignments, and other components, including a 24-hour discussion board. Courses may also incorporate live chats online. These are known as “class time” or the “virtual classroom”.
- When will classes meet in the “virtual classroom”?
- Each class is different, taking into account the location of the enrolled students, and the instructor’s schedule. If you need that information before you register, please contact us.
- What if I can’t log on in time for the live class?
- The text from the live class will available online for students to review afterwards. Also, you will have access to your class’s 24-hour discussion board during the entire time the course is active.
- How much work will I have to put into the course?
- Again, this depends on your instructor has set up the course. You will need to be available for participation on the discussion board, and you will have to take time to read, download, and review course materials. You should also take into account your Internet connection speed, and your own learning abilities.
- Will I be graded?
- No, but you will need to complete quizzes each week so we can track your progress and send you your certificate for the course when you are finished.
- Will I receive credit for ProBoat E-Training courses?
- Yes. We offer Continuing Education Units for each of our courses. See our section on Fees, Payments, and CEUs for more information.
- How do I start?
- Click here for more information.
^ Return to top
Photo by Charlie Teran